Lockout Tagout Procedures: In-House vs. Outsourcing
Key factors in deciding whether to outsource your lockout tagout project or perform the work in-house include:
- How quickly does the project need to be implemented?
- Will the resources and tools be available to accommodate the schedule?
- What other responsibilities will the personnel assigned to the project have?
- How will this impact the project as well as other areas of operations?
- Will the personnel assigned be available long enough to complete the project?
- Have all costs been taken into consideration including: labor, materials and equipment?
- Will the personnel assigned have the knowledge, tools and capability to complete the project?
- Will the desired project results be achieved?
Will the tools and personnel be available to review and update lockout procedures as your facility's processes and equipment change?
- Will the changes be properly documented to comply with OSHA regulations?
- Lockout Tagout Cost Calculator
- Lockout Tagout Procedures
- Lockout Procedure Audit